Process Mapping Case Studies
Business Enterprise Mapping has delivered real, sustainable improvement for many clients using The Perigon Method. We work with a wide variety of client sizes, industries, and types. Below are just a few examples of process mapping case studies, where we have delivered significant value for our clients.
Process Mapping Case Studies Delivering Financial Improvement
- A major US newspaper improved 50 key processes, while streamlining the entire newsroom structure within 60 days. This led to a significant reduction in operating costs and improved cycle times. The project delivered extensive cost reductions in multiple areas, including a reduced need of 38 staff.
- A large networking products manufacturer mapped product design and evaluation to identify opportunities that significantly improved product reliability and reduced product failures and rework, achieving savings in excess of $50,000 per month.
- Within two hours of analyzing an existing process, a large government agency regained over $900,000 gain in annual revenues that had been previously lost.
- A large county government improved services delivery to reduce sewage overflow incidents by 57% providing an estimated cost savings of at least $1.325 million over a five-year period
Process Mapping Case Studies Enhancing Customer Value
- A county economic development department increased building permits approved within 5 working days from 64% to 81%. As a result, customer satisfaction rose from 3.05 to 4.10 on a scale of 1-5.
- A furniture logistics division of a major retail firm was able to go from last to first place by increasing its first time delivery success rate from 87% up to 96%. This success also generated $1.8 million in first year savings.
- A public utility reduced the financial month end close cycle time from 14 days to less than 4 days within a 90-day period.
- A consumer products company reduced procurement cycle time by 60%, improved purchase order first pass acceptance from 28% to 84% and reduced processing costs by 37%
- A small investment group reengineered its investment management processes to standardize and improve supplier communications, increase member deal participation, strengthen deal management and improve member collaboration.
Process Mapping Case Studies in Risk Mitigation
- An international freight carrier integrated locations from four different countries into a common business system within 90 days. The company achieved simultaneous global ISO 9001 certification with ZERO non-conformances at all four locations, while complying with different international standards, within two months.
- The seventh largest US Police Department became the first law enforcement agency in the United States to obtain the ISO 9001:2000 standard. Shortly thereafter, the fifth largest US Police Department became certified in ISO 9001:2008.
- A large county wastewater reclamation conveyance division was the first United States enterprise (public or private) to receive three management standard certifications simultaneously—for ISO 9001:2008 for Quality, ISO 14001 for Environmental and OHSAS 18001 for Safety.
- After developing a business enterprise and quality management system, a Bolivian mine received certification to three rigorous and highly respected international management standards: ISO 9001:2008 for Quality, ISO 14001 for Environmental and OHSAS 18001 for Safety. The company has sustained profitability while continuing to deliver ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001 certification.