Process Mapping Case Studies
Business Enterprise Mapping has delivered real, sustainable improvement for many clients using The Perigon Method. We work with a wide variety of client sizes, industries, and types. Below are just a few examples of process mapping case studies, where we have delivered significant value for our clients.
Delivering Financial Improvement
- A major US newspaper improved 50 key processes, while streamlining the entire newsroom structure within 60 days. This led to a significant reduction in operating costs and improved cycle times. The project delivered extensive cost reductions in multiple areas, including a reduced need of 38 staff.
- A large networking products manufacturer mapped product design and evaluation to identify opportunities that significantly improved product reliability and reduced product failures and rework, achieving savings in excess of $50,000 per month.
- Within two hours of analyzing an existing process, a large government agency regained over $900,000 gain in annual revenues that had been previously lost.
- A large county government improved services delivery to reduce sewage overflow incidents by 57% providing an estimated cost savings of at least $1.325 million over a five-year period
Enhancing Customer Value
- A county economic development department increased building permits approved within 5 working days from 64% to 81%. As a result, customer satisfaction rose from 3.05 to 4.10 on a scale of 1-5.
- A furniture logistics division of a major retail firm was able to go from last to first place by increasing its first time delivery success rate from 87% up to 96%. This success also generated $1.8 million in first year savings.
- A public utility reduced the financial month end close cycle time from 14 days to less than 4 days within a 90-day period.
- A consumer products company reduced procurement cycle time by 60%, improved purchase order first pass acceptance from 28% to 84% and reduced processing costs by 37%
- A small investment group reengineered its investment management processes to standardize and improve supplier communications, increase member deal participation, strengthen deal management and improve member collaboration.
- An international freight carrier integrated locations from four different countries into a common business system within 90 days. The company achieved simultaneous global ISO 9001 certification with ZERO non-conformances at all four locations, while complying with different international standards, within two months.
- The seventh largest US Police Department became the first law enforcement agency in the United States to obtain the ISO 9001:2000 standard. Shortly thereafter, the fifth largest US Police Department became certified in ISO 9001:2008.
- A large county wastewater reclamation conveyance division was the first United States enterprise (public or private) to receive three management standard certifications simultaneously—for ISO 9001:2008 for Quality, ISO 14001 for Environmental and OHSAS 18001 for Safety.
- After developing a business enterprise and quality management system, a Bolivian mine received certification to three rigorous and highly respected international management standards: ISO 9001:2008 for Quality, ISO 14001 for Environmental and OHSAS 18001 for Safety. The company has sustained profitability while continuing to deliver ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001 certification.