How to Get New Products to Market Faster, Better, Cheaper
Three Day Course Conducted at Client Site
The New Products Development Opportunity
New products time-to-market is a topic that is eternal and essential and impacts most organizations. At Business Enterprise Mapping, we frequently work with clients to improve performance of their New Products Development (NPD) Systems and we see common problems with common solutions. After nearly 25 years of improving New Product Development Systems in a wide variety of company sizes, types, and industries, we are pleased to offer this hands-on and highly interactive course that will teach you how to dramatically improve NPD System performance in your company. This course is a hands-on problem-solving workshop, so come prepared to examine your company’s current product development performance, assess it against best practices, and develop a plan with actionable steps to close the gap.
Who Should Attend
Senior new product development leaders, including VPs, Directors and Managers who desire to take control of their NPD System to substantially improve performance. This course is designed for department heads and their teams who have a budget and mission to design and deliver customer driven new products that meet target market needs both timely, effectively and efficiently.
What You Will Learn
How to diagnose your product development opportunities, assess the gaps, and redesign the product development system to deliver substantially improved performance.
- The value of process based thinking in designing a New Product Development System.
- Common reasons causing most Product Development Systems failures.
- The power of the Customer Value Model.
- The identification of essential internal customers in a NPD.
- How to estimate current NPD performance.
- The characteristics of best practices in product development.
- A model for a best practice NPD.
- How to create a model of your current NPD.
- How to determine and assess the gaps in your company’s current product development versus best practice.
- How to align the critical elements of your NPD to deliver superior performance.
- How to develop a plan to move toward best practices.
1. An Objective Self Assessment of Your Current New Products Development System
- A Business System Diagram (BSD).
- Business processes within the NPD System.
- Process deliverables.
- NPD Performance Profile.
- Architecture Maps.
- NPD System Metrics.
2. A View of a Best Practice New Products Development System
- A Business System Diagrams (BSD).
- A System of Alignment Diagram (SAD).
- Architecture Maps (AM)
- Process Maps (PM)
- NPD Metrics
- System Alignment Diagram (SAD)
3. A Gap Assessment and Action Plan to Bridge the Gap
- Gap assessment of current performance to best practice
- One Year Action Plan, including
- G – Goals
- M – Metrics
- O – Opportunities
- S – Strategies
- T – Tactics
HOW TO GET NEW PRODUCTS TO MARKET FASTER, BETTER, CHEAPER - Click to view
Day 1 – The Current New Products Development System
Introduction to the New Product Development System
Process definition and control
How to develop the Business System Diagram (BSD)
The Process Profile
Workshop 1 – Develop your current NPD BSD
Workshop 2 – Determine the Main Goal of the NPD
Workshop 3 – Develop Architecture Profiles
Day 2 – The Best Practice New Products Development System
Introduce a best practice New Products Development System
Create alignment using the System Alignment Diagram
Define Product Development System opportunities
Workshop 4 – Assess the current NPD System gaps to best practice
Workshop 5 – Develop the System Alignment Diagram
Workshop 6 – Develop the Top 10 Red Cloud opportunities