Perigon Process Mapping Certification
Business Enterprise Mapping offers individual certification in The Perigon Method, the most comprehensive and effective business process and system mapping method available anywhere. BEM has partnered with more than 300 client enterprises covering 60 industries across 6 continents to map 25,000 business processes, address 750,000 improvement opportunities and obtain over 50 international certifications. The Perigon Method has continued to evolve through this hands-on implementation experience and client feedback. Perigon aligns knowledge, processes, and systems to the overall business enterprise. This is a five day course that includes a final exam on Friday. Upon successful completion of the course, the student becomes a Perigon Process Mapping Practitioner giving them the skills, tools (a Visio add-on library) and a full license to develop process maps within their organization using The Perigon Method. Students must come to class a with their own laptop loaded with Microsoft Visio 2013 or newer.
The Perigon Method offers many benefits
- A more understandable, usable, versatile, and comprehensive map than any process documentation method available today.
- The fastest, most efficient and most effective way to define and deploy multiple processes
- Engages employees to develop and own their processes, which drives process management thinking throughout the culture
- Builds connectivity throughout the organization, from knowledge to process to system to enterprise alignment.
- Creates a sustainable system of process performance management and improvement.
Why Perigon Certification Will Make You More Valuable
Perigon delivers process improvement solutions that work. Our nearly twenty five years of experience has taught us that over 70% of all improvement opportunities are directly related to broken business processes. Most processes are undefined, missing metrics, loaded with non-value added activities, disconnected to customers and lacking accountability. Reliable and capable processes make high performing business execution possible.
The Perigon® Method is a powerful and proven mapping methodology that,
- Establishes reliable, consistent, efficient and effective processes.
- Engages and develops client employees to understand, manage and improve their own processes and systems.
- Provides proven tools that deliver fast results.
- Captures, categorizes, prioritizes and systematically addresses improvement opportunities.
- Incorporates customer understanding and requirements.
- Develops meaningful performance measurements and feedback.
- Implements and regularly monitors ongoing process improvement.
Perigon Process Mapping Certification
Creates current state process maps, captures process improvement opportunities, develops a first pass customer value assessment, benchmarks beginning performance, identifies quick win improvements and delivers a 90-day process improvement plan. Students will learn how to,
Train Process Owners, including the Orientation Session plus additional training included with each workshop.
Develop Current State Process Maps, using BEM’s unique and effective Perigon Method to develop and deploy standard processes.
Identify Red Clouds. Red Clouds are process improvement opportunities that are identified by Process Teams during the mapping workshops. They are placed directly on process maps in proximity to the tasks where they occur.
Conduct a War Room session. A War Room is an interactive workshop where individual process maps are evaluated for connectivity between processes within a business system. The purpose of the War Room is to evaluate and troubleshoot organization silos and alignment disconnects.
Complete the Customer Value Assessment (CVA). Every process has a main customer of its output. For each process, the CVA evaluates the main customer’s wants and needs across four dimensions.
Develop a Quick Wins Matrix, which identifies improvement opportunities that are within the authority of the Process Owner to implement within 90 days.
Build a Rapid Improvement Plan, which includes the actions to be taken, responsibilities, and implementation schedule for the first 90 days.