Process Mapping for Process Improvement Certification
4 - DAY LIVE ONLINE COURSE
Business Enterprise Mapping offers Process Mapping for Process Improvement Certification to train students to document and improve business processes efficiently and effectively. This is a 4-day course that teaches students how to quickly develop a detailed process map, define supporting process information, identify improvement opportunities and build an actionable 90-day process improvement plan. This course is delivered live online using Zoom Video Communications. Students must have call-in capability and come equipped with their own laptop, including a functional camera, loaded with up-to-date Microsoft Visio.
Process Mapping for
Process Improvement Benefits
- Delivers a more detailed, understandable, and versatile map than any process documentation method available today.
- Saves substantial time and money versus traditional Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Engages employees to define and improve their own processes.
- Defines a portfolio of Red Clouds (improvement opportunities) and Quick Wins (90-day solutions).
- Builds a sustainable system of organization performance improvement.
Process Mapping for Process Improvement Will Make You More Valuable
Our nearly 25 years of experience has taught us that over 70% of all improvement opportunities are directly related to broken business processes. Most processes are undefined, missing metrics, loaded with non-value added activities, disconnected to customers and lacking accountability. Reliable and capable processes make high performing business execution possible. Students quickly learn a fast, powerful and sustainable method to define and deploy standard business processes.
Who Should Attend
Professionals who want to acquire a better process mapping method for rapidly defining and improving business processes throughout the organization. This certification will benefit process improvement professionals who are currently using swim lane diagrams or other more limited mapping tools and desire a more robust and effective method for driving enterprise improvement in a systematic and sustainable way.
What You Will Learn
Process Mapping for Process Improvement Certification teaches students to create process maps, assign responsibilities, detail process information requirements, capture improvement opportunities, identify quick wins and deliver 90-day process improvements. Students will learn how to,
- Develop Process Maps, using BEM’s unique and effective mapping tools to document and diagnose process performance.
- Assign Responsibilities to determine task roles and responsibilities and identify key players.
- Assess Information Requirements to determine key information used in the process - such as task instructions and deliverable specifications.
- Analyze Transaction Automation to determine the interface between process tasks and software/hardware utilized
- Identify Red Clouds, which are the problems and improvement opportunities captured during mapping workshops.
- Determine Quick Wins, which represent Red Clouds that can be solved within 90-days, require no approval, and consume minimal resources.
- Build a Process Improvement Plan, including responsibilities, actions, and 90-day implementation schedule.
What Clients Say about BEM
"Business Enterprise Mapping delivers a structured and well-defined process that is easily understandable and user friendly.” - VP Quality, Logistics
“The result attained by using the Business Enterprise Mapping methodology to improve operations and quality was nothing short of amazing.” - VP & General Manager, International Mine
“BEM’s mapping is a brilliant and powerful integration of best practices.” - Program Manager, County Government
“Process mapping has provided clarity to the way we run our business with focused goals on areas with potential for improvement.” - Senior VP, Media
“Utter simplicity that opens up the transparency of the business” - Exec VP, Technology
“I have never seen such a powerful tool that has everything you need to know in one place.” - Quality Director, Pharmaceutical
“Having worked with several different process improvement methodologies for many years and at different organizations, BEM’s method is the most robust I have ever experienced.” - VP Enterprise Quality & Leadership, Banking
“A very powerful tool enabling me to confidently delegate the tasks and projects required in order to achieve a World Class Best Practice Supply Chain.” - VP Operations. Manufacturing
“The Business Enterprise Mapping methodology is the most robust I have seen in my almost 30 years of improvement roles and methodologies including six sigma, lean, and theory of constraints”. – Business Improvement Manager, Medical Device
“Overall best practices program that every company should have.” - VP Quality, Freight